Thursday, 9 November 2017
Place: Ballroom C, Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta Time: 09.00 AM _ 05.30 PM
Prof. Dr. Achmad Syawqie Yazid, Drg., M.S,Founder & chairman of YPKP, Indonesian Public Health Observer Foundation.
Konstantinos Farsalinos, Cardiologist & researcher at Onassis
Cardiac Surgery Center in Athens-Greece and at Medical Imaging Research Center, University Hospital Gathuisberg in Leuven- Belgium.
The Search for Less Harmful Alternatives Consumer_s Perspective
Topics: Who are the vapor users, size and development of vape markets, product origin and sales environment, how and what governments should do?
Dimas Jeremia, Tar Free Foundation and Chairman of MOVI Indonesia Vape Retailers
- Personal testimony by Indonesian e-cigarette user
- Philippine: Tom Pinlac, President of The Vapers Philippines
- Malaysia: Azrul Hafriz Bin Zainu din, Malaysian Organization of Vape Entity (MOVE)
- Thailand: Asa Saligupta, ENDs Cigarette Smoke Thailand (ECST)
- India: Nilesh Jain, Founder and Managing Director of ivape.in
Tobacco Harm Reduction Landscape Global and Asian Policy Perspective
Topics: Latest policy developments internationally [UK, US, EU], current Asia policies and how they can/should evolve?
Meidyatama Suryodiningrat, Editor in Chief of Antara News Agency
- Singapore: Donald Low, Associate Dean of Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore _Policy considerations and options in tobacco harm reduction_
- Japan: Nobuhiko Harada, Partner at Nishimura & Asahi Law Firm_Tobacco regulation in Japan & future direction_
- Australia: Jeannie Cameron (JCIC International) _International policy development on tobacco harm reduction_
Validating the Science behind Tobacco Harm Reduction
" />Topics: What scientific research has been done specifically in Asia on tobacco harm reduction? What are your views on the science? What research questions remain?
Muhamad Ikhlasul Amal, Director at Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
- Philippines: Ron Sison & Jay Jazul, University of Santo Tomas
- India: Rajesh Sharan, North-Eastern Hill University
- Singapore: Andrew Da Roza, Addiction Psycho-Therapist
- Thailand: Shakrit Rimpanit, Cessation Clinic Doctor of Saint Mary Hospital
- Indonesia: Amaliya,Padjajaran University